The tuna and chickpeas in this recipe provide a protein and fiber packed meal that is delicious and light… perfect for the spring season. If you like a little “kick” feel free to add some ground pepper or cayenne pepper to the mix!
- 1 15- to 19-ounce can beans, such as chickpeas, black-eyed peas or kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 5- to 6-ounce cans water-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup lemon juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
Combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, onion, parsley, capers, rosemary, ¼ cup lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Combine the remaining ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil and salt in a large bowl. Add salad greens; toss to coat. Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each with the tuna salad.
Head2Toe Fitness is Grand Prairie’s leading group fitness and nutrition studio. Check us out on our website!